2/28/2016

motion


I've come to expect seeing strange things while driving.  Moving forward.  The motion I am in and when  I see something standing still as I pass.  In front of me making me change my path or slow down and stop.  Moving in an opposite direction of me.  Crossing my path going over me in any direction.  The motion or non-motion catches the eye.  This morning while driving a hairy black dog ran into my lane and stopped.  It looked bewildered like it was saying: "Where do you come from.  I didn't smell you here a second ago."  It ran off into a dark parking lot.  On my drive home.  I saw a black square.  It passed in front of the large freeway sign on the overpass.  As it moved it blacked out the letters on the sign.  That was how I saw the black square like a censor block.  Black like the interior of a censer, without the fragrant soot.  Like the bewildered dog asking why he couldn't smell my vehicle in the area a few seconds ago.  A sensory rich morning drive.  The sunlight being blocked by the motion of the earth.  Inspired me to make the gray and black image above.  Motion even if standing still we are in motion.  Not that it means anything or has to.  I thought it was worth sharing from the odd feelings created in me.  I wanted to remember it.

2 comments:

  1. Gives one pause. The sound in the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me stop and rethink it all. I like how you called it the black inky night. "no new thing under the sun.” The sun was not above.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.