2/24/2016

a new low in Conjecture Journalism

A new low in internet journalism.  I watched, in my opinion, a scripted video.  Not surprising to easily find contradictory version of the story being told.  What we are being told: a girl should fight physically.  Boys should not attempt to defend themselves for any reason ever.  You, the viewer, are stupid if you want details.  You have to draw a conclusion with conflicting facts, and missing details.  Pick a side and you better pick the right side or you will be eternally wrong, and left behind in the new Reich.

I remember in High School a teacher got a group of students to pretend like they were having a fight during class.  She wanted to see how unsuspecting students reacted.  She told the class I was in about the results from that previous class to make a point about what she was trying to teach us.  I was hung up on the fact that she lied and tricked people in order to teach.  I forgot the lesson the point of her lecture.  I think it might have been how people take sides and form opinions,  I don't remember.  More important to me was she lied and admitted it with no shame.

The facts won't come out in this story.  The details won't be made clear.  

What Would Bat Boy do?



http://www.sonomanews.com/home/5251734-181/sonoma-valley-highs-fight-video?artslide=0

The video was apparently first posted by Australian jiu-jitsu competitor and teacher Kit Dale, who told the Index-Tribune that the girl in the video and the boy who shot it had contacted him and sent him the clip.


Still, it was no small coincidence that two incidents – both involving a female student kicking or kneeing a male student while he was on the ground – took place at the school in the same month.


http://www.bjjee.com/videos/mma-trained-girl-who-beat-up-boy-made-famous-by-kit-dale/


Dale stated:
“I sent her a direct message and I asked about the video, ‘What happened and would you mind if I posted it?'”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.