2/16/2016

Jack in the Box being built in slow motion in real time

According to the article this J in the B application process began in 2007.
2008 approved
2012 ground broke building built to completion
2016 there is a new building surrounded by dirt no paved parking lot no drive thru.  It's like Dorothy's house landed in Oz.  Just plopped down in a dirt lot.  When I drive by at night there is a car parked near the building in approximately the same spot.  I assume it's Glenda waiting for Dorothy and the munchkins to arrive on set. The politics of Riverside County are the pulse button on an electric blender.  Bursts of frantic noise and subtle motion dependent on the duration of direct pressure.
I will have to get a picture of the odd setting, but I usually pass by at night.  My camera won't take a decent night image. This building needs to be seen in the daylight.  I have a feeling the picture won't equal how strange it looks in real life.  I feel like the neighboring business, a seedy looking low pitched roof motel with a neon no/vacancy sign, plays an important role in the mood creation.  It gets my full attention each time I pass.  There has to be a reason.  Angels versus Demons?  An ancient curse on the land?  A time machine malfunction?   Could it have been built faster than the speed of light and my earth bound vision is not allowing me to see the future that is completed until I catch up?

The formal application was filed with Riverside County in 2007, and Menifee assumed jurisdiction when the city incorporated in 2008.
Orange County developer Ray Forsum said he would like to begin construction in early 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha.....that was a great post. 😅 Well stated! I could actually picture it. You have a good eye( ability to see a potential story) and the ability to make a witty op-ed out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.