2/07/2016

Facebook people mining

I decided 11 months ago to get a Facebook account.  It was really convenient to mindlessly post this and that.  As per my typical online experience it is never as dynamic as I hope it will be.  When signing up for Facebook you go through and answer various questions.  In particular the birth date selection.  It is a standard choice of the common 12 months.  The day selection is 1-31.  The year selection is where you step into the murk of the internet.  It lists 1905- 2016.  Once Facebook decides they want you to prove your identity, they ridiculously request a copy of your birth cert.  I don't know anyone born in 2016 who can type, and I don't know anyone born in 1905 who is still alive.  A free service asking me to prove my identity.  I'm not sure what is more amusing.  Asking to prove my identity to use a free service, or that Facebook gives a crap about me as an individual.  If some of the people I encountered during my Facebook period are in fact verified real people living and breathing...I don't even want to finish my thought on that.

I hope they enjoy their people mining venture. Won't be finding this rare element me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.