8/30/2015

only the love of a Stepford mom can heal this

Chad.  Two days in a row, two different strange guys have entered my work place as an alleged customer.  Two different guys named Chad.  Both were not just slightly odd but over the top strange and creepy.  The first Chad looked like he had huffed a can of red spray paint before entering.  I don't know what the air temperature was that night but it was hot and humid at 8:00 PM.  He comes in wearing a thick sweatshirt backwards.  The vibe he put off agitated six different customers.  The tension was incredibly high.  If I would have yelled "Get him"  there is no doubt he would have knocked to the ground and dog piled.   The next day the second Chad enters with a girl who paid for merchandise and left.  Chad was twitchy and made lots of involuntary body movements.  I looked directly at his face and made eye contact with him.  He was cross eyed.  He kept calling me ma'am and responded to everything with sing song sarcasm.  Apparently Chad was texting his friends because when he was going toward the front door (which he thought he was going to just walk out without paying) Four people entered asking silly questions.  One of them walked up to Chad and they started calling each other M-Fer's (a term of endearment for incestuous offspring such as Chad and his friends).  Chad walked past me through the exit door with his cargo pocket stuffed full.  He took 10 steps away and I asked him to come back.  He jogged to a car and zigzagged through the parking lot to prevent me from seeing the license plate.  

While I drove home I though about the Chad's.   There was a time when the fate of either Chad would have been a bullet in the back of the head.  In a world that saw different as dangerous.  We now embrace them as one of us, with the Stepford mom love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.