2/15/2015

My attitude, my bad attitude, me and my shitty outlook on my fellow humans

Yeah I got an attitude. So what no one cares. I'm not one to buck authority I usually just subtract myself from the equation.
I never bought music when I was kid.  One of my sisters had money and would buy music, music magazines, or go to concerts.  I listened to what was playing on the radio, or I would listen to what she had.  For a time my dad had a business he would buy, sell or trade albums, 8 tracks and cassettes.  My sister always played guitar or sang at various functions, or church.

I have a dear friend born into a musical family she has a unique voice and a powerful voice.  She sang in various local bands, she went on tour with a famous singer and his band.  Because her voice was far more dynamic than his he instructed his sound crew to keep her microphone level turned down.  She was even willing to go along with the nonsense just so she could perform because she loved the craft of singing.

I have watched since I was a child the bitter envy, and jealous antics of people involved in music and singing. Good talented people consumed by people that needed their name in lights, or parents needing to make their child a star.  I remember being in the school choir.  The director wanted me standing in the front row.  She was trying to force me to stand a certain way and hold my hands a certain way and point my toes in a certain direction.  She made me stay after class, and lectured me on being proper, and my attitude.  I asked her why do I have to stand in the front, why can't I stand in the back.  That ended our conversation quick.  She couldn't tell me it was because I knew the words, and I knew how to read the music.  I was supposed to humble myself in front of her hand picked wonder kids who's parents were big donors.

Funny thing about it when I went to a reunion I realized I still had the same attitude those people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.