11/30/2015

Hysterics

The public(consumers) is/are 10 times worse than any conspiracy theory one can muster about corporations. Consumers approach retail like they are doing battle with a formidable foe.  Their secret weapon is complaining.  I want your name.  I want to speak to a manager.  Your other store does such and such.  It's easy at the end of your shift to feel like you are a mean heartless bitch.  The thing that doesn't add up is how come if the majority of customers have passed through in a day are conscientious, well balanced adults why are products strewn around like a magnitude 8 earthquake shook the building?  Why do the public restrooms have unflushed poop in the toilet.?  Toilet paper with poop on it thrown in the trash can.  Bits and pieces of paper towel and toilet paper littering the floor.  Cigarette butts inside a no smoking (it's california) building.

Anyhow I'm still fuming about a number of compounded incidents from the past several days.  Most are caused by not fully understanding the matter at hand. People like to pretend they know or act like they don't know interchangebly to get their way.  A woman waits in line and tells me 'They said you would change the price on this item.'  When I inquired who said what, no one answered.  Finally the head manager says find out if the price online is accurate and if so change it. I asked the customer to show me the date on the ad.  She fumbles with her phone looses the page and suddenly acts like she can't opetate her own phone.  She tells me to work her phone.  I don't want to touch the dirty screen on her phone nor should I have to.  So she goes back through the process and opens the page.  I can't determine anything so I try to over ride the price.  Our system prevents it.  She is upset and tells me I sound like I don't want to give her the discount. I show her the screen. I said I tired look and see it stopped me.  She said you are usually helpful.  I said what can I do to make you happy?  She said nothing.  Am i done here?  She left.  She called 10 minutes later to get my name. Asked to speak to a manager was put on hold hung up twice called back and asked for the name of the person who put her on hold.  She was going to have a long list of names to complain about.  Not realizing how loony she was going to sound.  She couldn't get the deal she thought so she was going to complain we were meanies.
(I went home looked online the deal she wanted said online only)
Next problem a customer was trying to return something she didn't buy.  I asked her no less than 5 times if she looked physically in the bag?  To which she would say either i only bought such and such or i already have lots of that i dont need more. Playing word games was fun for her she was having a great time. I was done dealing with her 2 days ago.  She pulled her money to pay and had a stack of hundred dollar bills. Nothing made sense.  She was returning an item to get back $2.00.  She spent over hundred dollars 2 days before.  I don't know how she made her money.  I don't care that she wanted her two dollars back.  She was irritating and i didn't like dealing with her.

I think I've reached my limit with this job and need to find something else?

Yes yes I'm hysterical.  But where do I put that on my resume?
Seems to work well for getting ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.