11/21/2015

Entitlement and social classness

 My posts are becoming a vent for strange human encounters.  There is a never ending supply.  Perhaps it's just me that is strange.
Yesterday at work I'm helping a customer a woman interrupts and asks a half sentence question.  I think i understood and pointed her toward the product.  A few minutes later she is back grumbling to her husband that I didn't send her in the right direction.  I heard him said "but that is what you asked for."  I tired to say I misunderstood what you wanted.  The woman made it apparent she wanted nothing to do with me.  Her husband stood there trying to get her to see she was wrong for blaming me like she did.  She stomped off.  He stood there shaking his head in disbelief.   The situation was icky and not easily resolved I left it to simmer with her.  It heightened my awareness to the pushy rude customer that refuses to see the entire dynamic working around them in public places.  I didn't get enough information because I was talking to another customer trying to figure out what she needed.  I thought I was answering a complete question.  I did notice the woman had redness around her eye at first it looked like she was punched.  But it was a birthmark.  Did she feel entitled to interrupt my conversation.  From what I saw she was with a man that cared about her enough to correct her.  She refused to listen.  Maybe they talked on the ride home.
Later a woman came in she was very obviously stealing.  California law protects that behavior so I'm unable to state the obvious.  She went to leave and asked about returning an item without a receipt.  I said that particular item had to have a receipt to return.  She said " Your other store does it,  maybe it's because it's Hemet."   She laughed.  I'm not sure but I think she was meaning Hemet is lowly.  Unlike high class Temecula.  So she brings her non service dog shopping and thinks that and her kleptomania gives her a high social status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.