11/02/2015

Mineral Rights Overlord will ring you out

I watered my potted plants this morning.  They are succulents.  Anyhow I usually  fill a watering can. But instead I turned the water on low and watered from the hose.  It was maybe 45 seconds later a water district trucks pulls up in front of my house parks and the guy gets out.  I'm thinking holy crapski the State is taking this drought nonsense to a martial law shoot on sight extreme.  I asked to be forgiven of my sins and waited for the inevitable headshot.   That never came. I looked over to see what was taking him so long.  Figuring maybe he was instead loading a tranq dart so I could be taken alive to be tortured and made a public spectacle of by lunatics in charge.  The irony was his 10 gallon orange igloo water dispenser had slipped out of the bungee chord holding it in place in the back of his truck.  My prayers of forgiveness became prayers  of rejoicing at the realization the world hadn't gone fully mad.

Feeling relieved I wondered just how bad this could get if the pseudo intellectuals got their way.   The human body is approximately 9 gallons of water. Do those mineral rights belong to the State?  In the future will the lawmakers become so desperate they will tax us for using that 9 gallons of water?  As a society are we moving in a new direction or will history repeat itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.