4/08/2015

The gilded cage. The fantasy world of entertainment and politics.

A few years back I was spoke to.  Yes this woman spoke to me, it was an odd encounter.  She seemed like like a nervous woman who was on the wrong side of the tracks.  This woman was not accustomed to shopping in stores with shopping carts.  She had no trouble at all letting me know she thought I was a peasant.  Anyhow after she felt she had established herself above me she began telling me she worked for a couple of guys that made big deals in Hollywood.  She was their confident and managed their finances.  She was used to telling people what to do, and was lamenting the limited selection of goods.  She was looking for  something specific which is what brought her into a store in a neighborhood that was far beneath her.  Someone was having a baby.  She seemed delighted with the Hollywood agents that called her for matronly advice.  She told me a few details about them that gave me a sort of clearly defined visual of possibly college buddies, childhood neighbors or some other type of deeply bonded guys that were  lifelong friends.  Anyhow I do marvel at humans who have never had to think outside of their own little world.  The chosen people who for them everything was created.  Within this bizarre incident this woman said very plainly education was not important especially for someone like myself that worked minimum wage.  That foundation of truth is the best kept secret in Hollywood and Politics.
This morning I saw an online news story about agents defecting from one agency and going to another.  Yes they used the word defecting.  Anyway for some strange reason it made me think of that woman, and the world that is entertainment/politics.  Yes entertainment and politics are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.