4/03/2015

Human eyes can't see a heart of gold

Yesterday I went to a MAC meeting for the unincorporated community of Meadowbrook.  The plan is to develop a piece of land that is the site of the Good Hope Mine.  April 15 the planning commission is going to make their final vote.
 I haven't attended a politically charged meeting in quite awhile.  Mostly because of my work schedule.  I also stayed away because I thought maybe I was being stupid for wasting my time going to informative meetings.  However yesterday I realized something.  I like going to those weird meetings.  I have to confess I like politics. The same developer has his signs on several sites in Homeland along Hwy 74.  So anyhow Perris is changing, the money is flowing into Perris I presume because of the Metro link station.  When I have time I am going to take pictures because it's amazing to see the difference.

When I bought a piece of property in unincorporated Perris in 1985 I remember getting a letter asking if property owners where interested in zone changes that would bring apartments and commercial to the area. Many election cycles, and economic mood swings later the County of Riverside's intent is beginning to take shape.

I had a chance to make a few points about why developments in certain areas of Riverside County are more successful than others.  I don't think the man heard a word I was saying and he kept calling me Sandy.  Which is typical since people generally can't remember my name, and if they do something weird happens to prevent a normal dialog from taking place.

It is an interesting phenomenon how life has had it's way with me.  The reason I left Perris, and sold my interest in that piece of property was over a religious dispute with the person I bought the property with. Oddly enough in the US mail yesterday I received an invitation to join the same church for their Easter celebration.  I still feel the same about that particular church as I did back then.   Some people chose their battles over money. I chose to take a stand about my right to think what I want.  It is a mildly interesting story.  The main point being don't follow people make up your own mind, and life will always show you the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.