3/16/2015

panhandlers are bullies

Yesterday while minding my own business and walking to my car I was approached by two guys.  As a female this always makes me extremely nervous.  I lifted my hands and motioned for them to stop, both palms facing them, they ignored that and continued toward me.  I began to feel more nervous and he proceeds to ask me for a cigarette.  I told him "I don't speak English."  He mouthed WTF, and turned to his friend who asked "What did she say?" I heard them laugh and walk off.  I know for a fact the only reason they walked away so easily was because there was a man sitting in a vehicle next to my car with his window down.  In other words there was a witness.  Otherwise it would have just been them and me in that parking lot.

Someone needs to get it across to guys in parking lots. STOP approaching woman you don't know. You are scary, and intimidating.  I don't care that you do it all the time without resistance.  It is not okay.  The majority of women that have given you money have done so out of fear.  You think they are being charitable but they are actually thinking you will hurt them if they don't give you what you want.

Stop being bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.