3/19/2015

Is there a proper way to apologize?

I have some thoughts on the matter.

Saying sorry means I acknowledge there is a problem.  It also means I want to continue guessing what the problem.  It also means (I think) I know what caused this and I don't want any additional input from you because (I think) I know what you are thinking and feeling.

Here is an alternative:

Do you forgive me?
Can you forgive me?

This leaves room for the conversation to begin where two people are actually communicating in the here and now.

The answer could be:
"Yes I can forgive you"  "Can you understand I would like the opportunity react in my own way without having to calculate my reactions to fit some planned out strategy?"  
"There are a million conversation waiting to be had."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.