11/16/2014

Camp (to sleep or dream)

Last night while driving to and from work I noticed an unusual number of people wandering around along the roadways.  This morning I find this article: 

RIVERSIDE: Campout to raise awareness about homelessness


A group of college students wanting to experience one night of homelessness.  I'm sure their hearts are in the right place but I think it might have been more productive to get a homeless person to experience a safe stable home with indoor plumbing than a group of friends sleeping outside.  I think the most interesting street person I saw last night was a guy riding a BMX bike carrying a shoulder bag and an 8 foot PVC pipe, near the orange groves.  I thought of Don Quixote and how far civilization can carry us in our fantastical lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.