11/17/2014

Accessible Behavior Modification

I've been noticing adults with whining children.  They allow their kids to go on and on with their irritating sniveling.  I'm thinking it is some new Dr. Spock type pop psychology technique.  Where you allow a child to control absolutely everything within their immediate space for as long as they need to feel in control.
I heard a woman tell a child keep whining that's how I know you are still there.  Implying she didn't have to watch the child.  Also implying the woman had control over everyone nearby to be able to force them into her idiotic reality.

I recently told a child to get away from me if he was going to continue to cry.  Which made him cry harder and louder.  I got up and walked away within a matter of seconds, without an audience, the child stopped crying and whining.  His mother was horrified by my behavior and told me her son had a diagnosis.  I told her I don't care that is not my reality.  I told her what my reality was at that current moment.   She had no more comments for me. It brought up an interesting point.  Is there a pecking order of diagnoses.  Does one trump another.  Let's say one person is diagnosed with OCD does ADD have a higher ranking and can it force a person with OCD to not be able to play their card until the next round?  Also is there a diagnosis for having an internal BS meter that makes a person have a Tourette like reaction to blurt out things like you lying. manipulative little shit.  Better still is there a diagnosis for an enabling parent that has been ill advised on how to help their children develop healthy emotions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.