5/29/2016

klutzy

The past few years shopping for clothes has been repulsive.  The fabric colors and prints looked mostly like TV static.  Other prints made me think illegal dump on a dirt road.  The cut and style of these downtime discard inspired fabrics were for women who spent thousands of dollars on plastic surgery.  I don't know when showing your bra straps became fashionable but somehow it did.  I guess it is for girls that couldn't afford a boob job. Instead they spent $50.00 on a bra and wanted everyone to see it.  I've been wearing nondescript pants and t-shirts for the past several years in desperation.  Yesterday I grabbed a few items off the rack and tired them on.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a few items that caught my attention and even purchased some things.  Fabric and fit have come a long way.  Over the years I have been forced to buy pants that are too short.  I add fabric to the hem to lengthen them it is standard in my world.  Out of all the pants available I found only one pair made to fit a a tall woman.  If I want more selections I have to mail order or have the store special order for me.  I'm not sure why but mail order sounds seedy.

Can the powers that be in the fashion industry stop using ready to wear to punish people.  We get it your parents didn't love you and sent you to boarding school or bought your love with expensive toys.  Move beyond the pain and love your inner child.  Welcome to the world of grown ups.  Where we all have to deal with childhood injustices, and the awkwardness it created in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.