5/01/2013

Anti-tobbaco's only success: putting an end to ashtray manufacturing

Recently a woman was telling me about a better time in America when she would travel, and along the roadside people would sell fruit and vegetables on the honor system. They would set up a table with a money box and each person would pay for what they took.  I realized that I too remember that place in America.  I recalled a house at the far East end of Hemet that did that up until the 1990's.  I also recalled two places that sold well water on the honor system one here in Homeland the other was South of Hemet. 

I'm still hearing people talk about Hemet, a city that is dying.  I continually see well fed poverty.   Con artist panhandlers.  Consumers with quick tempers.  I see impatience that has been fully cultivated from devouring empowerment books and videos.  I see self-righteous hardworking people that don't give a crap about anyone but themselves.  They will run you over and back-up and do it again because they've got full coverage insurance.  Is Hemet dying, or is a new Hemet emerging to reflect inhabitants that have yet to realize freedom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.