5/29/2013

An emotional plea

Yesterday I was chauffeuring kids here and there.  We stopped to hang out at a local eatery.  I must have looked like a dingbat mom type.  As we walked to the entrance two teens approached me one asked to use my phone to call his mom.  I said no and walked away.  They both just stood there emotionless.  I went back outside and pointed out the payphone across the street.  They both just stood there not saying anything.  I said 'you don't have any money'?  He said 'no'.  I asked how much it cost to use a pay phone.  The other kid said 35¢.  I should have told him to call her collect, but instead I gave him a quarter and a dime.  I don't think it's ever a good idea to have young people out in public having to rely on the kindness of strangers.  Anyhow when the kids inside asked me what happened.  I told them.  They all said 'don't ever let someone borrow your phone they'll run off with it'.  I'll never know what their true intention was.  The only thing I know for certain:  They had developed a skill making an emotional plea while remaining emotionless.  That was all they knew how to do.   Walking to the car later two guys on bikes asked for bus fare, I said no,  he respond sarcastically 'God bless you'

Why are there so many helpless, pitiful, unoriginal, unsophisticated, healthy, bright young people concentrated in this area? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.