4/08/2016

mental illness on a Sunday morning...continued:

I saw the guy parked in my neighborhood talking to a man.  (The guy was the guy who chased me on Sunday morning, because he thought his girlfriend was in my car.) When I drove by they started pointing at my car.  I had to sit at the stop sign to wait for a break in traffic.  I observed their behavior through my mirror.  He recognized my vehicle after I drove by because I'm sure he had my license plate memorized.  The good thing is he didn't follow me.

It is impossible to know what effect your presence has on another person.  This guy was insane about his girlfriend.   How I got juxtaposed into their reality is unknown.  When a couple pushes each other to the brink of insanity it can become dangerous.  He chased me thinking I had his girlfriend in my car.  I was scared thinking some strange car driving around my neighborhood slowly at 2:00 A.M. was looking to victimize someone, anyone.  I was on my way to work.

Neither of us knew what the other person was thinking.  Fortunately no one was injured with the high amount of reckless and dangerous maneuvering.  The yellow caution signs along the roadway couldn't have prevented this from escalating.  Posted speed limits, the call boxes, the reflective painted lines, the concrete highway divider; all the precautionary safety devices.  When a person has no way of doing a reality check things can get murky.  To the other drivers on the roadway we probably looked like street racers playing chicken.  To the police officers who took the report I probably sounded like I was a delusional old woman being chased by an imagining masher.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..........................................................., 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.