7/02/2015

Storm cell came through Tuesday afternoon

Since then people in the area keep talking about it.  From what I've been able to determine it was at least 11 mile across.  Based on where the people I've spoken to said they were when it hit.  It hit hard and fast.  The wind was blowing in all directions. The wind made a strange howling noise.  I walked outside to listen because it was peculiar.  Outside the sound the wind made was like singing.   It was a sound I've never heard before.  Reminded me somewhat of the wind through the needles on a pine tree.  Only it didn't make the swish sound.  It was more like a high octave breathy hum.  Like the sound the air makes from a slightly opened window in a fast moving vehicle, only the wind was melodic and it sounded pleasant, and pretty.  The rain fell hard it sounded like hail.  Lots of thunder.  The sound of the wind for me was memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.