6/18/2014

Things being not what they seem

If I remember correctly the first double meaning message of this type was ecology based.  I recall T-shirts that said "Take a Hike".  Then there was the "I Lost It"  I Found it" bumper sticker campaign.  I don't remember when the "Save a tree, eat a beaver" bumper sticker began to circulate.  I think it was around the same time the "Do It" campaign began.  They all dealt with jobs, industries, and (duality) higher consciousness. 
I'm not sure where any of these saying actually originated, maybe someone does.  They seem to be trying to bring humor to an otherwise non funny subject.  So if you are trying to get people to think about deforestation.  "Save a tree,eat a beaver", sounds better than "Save a tree, kill the logging industry."  'Save a horse, put an end to rodeos."  

I don't think the world is anywhere close to being able to digest the concept of animal rights, sustainable communities, the higher consciousness.   Critical thinking skills have been doused with dichotomous banter.  Humanity seems to be drowning in what if's and insolence.  Perfecting the art of creating what isn't there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.