9/08/2013

Brace yourselves

From what I understand this will be the "new" center of Hemet. The Hwy 79 realignment will make passing through the valley easy.   The heavy equipment hasn't started breaking the ground.  This new sign was just recently posted.  It's making me wonder, what will happen to the coyotes that wander in the fields along Hwy 74, and the migrating egrets that pace back and forth hunting.  I've gotten used to seeing them, am always pleasantly surprised when I do.   The days are numbered, but I don't know how much time is left.  Change is always difficult.  This change will be monumental to the city of Hemet.  It'll be interesting to see what becomes of old Hemet.  There's been a concerted effort to maintain the integrity of 'Downtown'.  The best Hemet can do is provide a feeling of safety so people will get out of their cars in the city.  If they loose that battle, I don't know what will happen. I've gone back to visit places I used to feel safe, in other cities, but I was terrified to park and exit my car.

Ramona Creek Development sign

 
egret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.