8/10/2021

Thoughts produced by sleeping

 I was asked if I've ever used a personal ad to meet someone.  I said no. The convo included several people. A few were laughing about an unheard joke. I was trying to collect my belongs to leave. One of the people involved needed a ride home. Out of nowhere a person requires I leave immediately with them and my next realization is I'm walking though a poorly lit mall. Without being able to see the natural world outside I couldn't orient to the time of day, or the season.  I headed toward what seemed like brightness but it didn't reveal an exit. I walked back toward a dark corridor. Found the door to the outside. Like a typical dream moving around and being here or there doesn't always follow a chronological order. Somehow I ended up where I started with a different group of people talking about familiar topics that seemed to make sense, but I didn't know any of the people. I got word about the person I was supposed to give a ride to, was waiting at a restuarant, that had recently moved to a new location. It was daytime but there was no traffic. The restuarant was on what seemed to be an old farm on a dirt room. I found a place to park but couldn't find the entrance. I walked up a staircase thinking if I had an overview I could get a better perspective. It wasn't helpful. When I tried to go down the stairs I was blocked by two humongous cows. I climbed over the rail and jumped to the path I figured would lead to the entrance. When I turned the corned I was at the back of the building. I decided to leave. While driving on the dirt road I noticed a rock cluster. It looked like a drawing, that was outlined with thick lines around the pile of rocks but it didn't have a framed border of where that image ended and the natural world began. An adjustment to the eyes and the thought process to realize it was strange and impossible. 

The dream seemed to be about me not knowing people and places. The familiar topics and places. The people seem like people I know, but I really don't know them for various reasons. Me trying to comply with strange demands that have no purpose. Places that don't have usable or accesible features. Tasks that don't begin or end just left with a feeling of unending uncertainty, and unsolved requirements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.