1/28/2014

THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE: Tell me what you think about our newspaper

BY MICHAEL CORONADO EDITOR  January 26, 2014; 03:00 PM
We hear you friends. Drop us a line. Let’s start the conversation.
Reach Michael Coronado at mcoronado@pe.com or 951-368-9413

Every 10 years or so The Press Enterprise solicits the public for it's opinion.   Years ago I sent my information and was invited to a meeting with 20+ citizens and several top Press Enterprise employees.  
What the Press Enterprise really really wanted to know is:  
How do we remain relevant in the modern world.  
How do we get the next generation interested in subscribing to the newspaper.  
How do we maintain a balance of keeping seniors informed but not becoming too modernistic. 
Why I went to the meeting:
I am fascinated by human communication.
I thought journalists would be interesting to brainstorm with.
I was invited.

The challenges facing print media can't be solved by soliciting public opinion.  Public opinion is the challenge.  For the newspaper and the public.  I talk to people I don't know when I go shopping.  Most people have a keen sense decency.  How come it is only apparent in verbal communication.  The written word, and (the television) have lost the extra dimension.  Why? In my opinion...I think I will keep my opinion to myself, since it might create new opinions and we can have none of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.