7/20/2014

Hemet is Hemet

Before I began typing I intertwined my fingers like I was going to play 'here's the church here's the steeple'.  I straightened my arms at a 90 degree angle from my chest and turned my palms away from my face.  I thought it would crack my knuckles.  Now I realize that is a theatrical demonstration.  So next I tried to push my fist into the opposite palm to get myself psyched for the challenge.  I managed to crack my pointing finger.  I then pulled each finger individually and got one of my middle fingers to pop.  This is turning into a silly introduction for a couple of pictures.  Anyway I'll get back to the task at hand, now that I've gone through a pointless ritual.

A few days ago I snapped pictures of the new Tractor Supply Co. building in Hemet.  Hemet closed down the Hemet Fair.  Dairies have been rezoned and sold for high density residential neighborhoods.  Highway 79 is going to be realigned to move traffic quickly through the valley.  The center of Hemet is eventually going to relocate to acreage that is currently farm land.  Why, now, after all these years is Hemet getting a tractor supply store?  The standard size city lot in Hemet can be tilled with a spade shovel.  I can image people running barbwire fences around their city lots to keep their live stock wrangled.  Either I'm an ignorant American making a mountain out of a molehill, or I have just discovered what irony means.
 A contrary addition to the local economy



A farm implement on Hwy 74 toward Hemet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to read this blog, and post a comment.